BACK9BOYS.COM - PICKENS / MCCARTHY
Dr. Mo Pickens | Sports Physicologist at Sea Island Golf Performance Center
Dr. Mo, who works with Masters winner Zach Johnson, talks about his new book, Winning in the Game of Life and Golf.
He also talks about how the “bubba” shot or putt usually always is better!
Jim McCarthy | CEO of Veritas Golf and the Cure Putter
Jim talks about the new putter that he says will definitely help your putting.
They always go in using his putters…he says more frequently.
BACK9BOY.COM - HOLZAPEL / BENDER
Zac Holzapel | Owner, Mission Belts
Zac talks about his belts with no holes—available in a variety of colors.
Mission Belts were on Shark Tank and GOT THE MONEY!
Mike Bender, Zach Johnson's Coach
Mike talks about Zach, his swing, and the Benderstick.
BACK9BOYS.COM - ERIK PETERSON / HANK HANEY
Erik Peterson | Director of Communications at Bandon Dunes
One of the top golf resort destinations, Bandon Dunes has the Scottish links layouts
and a new putting green that will test your skills and then some. Eric’s description about Bandon Dunes will make you want to schedule a visit.
Hank Haney | Coach for Tiger Woods
Hank talks about his book, The Big Miss; his relationship with Tiger and their break up. Hank worked with Tiger for six years and percentage wise Tiger won more
tournaments than with any other coach.
BACK9BOYS.COM - LUMPKIN / TESORI
Jack Lumpkin | Sr. Director of Instruction Sea Island Performance Center
Jack talks about his life in golf, his family in golf getting a National award, his teaching of a young Davis Love III who has won 20 times on the PGA Tour and a young Brian Harmon, who just won his first PGA Tour tournament. Jack also got to play a round with Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player.
Paul Tesori | PGA Tour Caddie for Webb Simpson,
who was named to the Ryder Cup team
Paul also caddied for Vijay Singh, who hits about 500 balls every day. Paul also talked about his son and a ring that Bubba Watson bought for his wife at the Masters.
BACK9BOYS.COM - MCCALL / MIGIALCIO
Tonya McCall | Former Big Break Participant, Caddie and Aspiring LPGA
Tonya talks about the experience being on Big Break. It is not as glamorous
as it seems. It is a lot of pressure.
Ricki Migialcio | Ricki is a Former College Golf Star
Her daughter, Emilia has won titles in NC and on AJGA circuit. Ricki talks about
her daughter’s practice and determination to become an LPGA player. An enlightening and interesting interview from a mom and coach perspective.
BACK9BOYS.COM - McGalliard / Mukulski
Rob McGalliard | Certified PGA/USGA Rules Official
Rob talks about the rules, those that are most often misunderstood and one or two he would like to see change
Derek Mukulski | Owner/Inventor of Active Motivation Bar
Derek designed and produced this bar that has weights to help you with your stretching and your workouts. A recommended product for sure!
back9boys.com Rodriquez / blakely
Chi Chi Rodriquez | PGA Tour Legend
In this exclusive interview from his home in Puerto Rico, Chi Chi talks about how he got into golf, the tour when he was on it, how he had to change his birdie celebration when others complained and how he came up with the sword celebration and about his foundation to help kids go to college
Brett Blakely | President, On Core Golf
Brett talks about On Core’s new golf ball, one with a different core center. Brett says it goes further. Listen and you decide.
Back9BOys.com - Morris / McKinley
Al Morris | President World Wide Golf/Edwin Watts Golf Shops
- Al talks about the his companies and their purchase of the Edwin Watts Golf Shops
Chris McKinley | VP of Marketing Titleist Golf Clubs
- Chris talks about the new clubs, their improvements and why Titleist’s R&D
is so important to their future
BACK9BOYS.COM - HOGGARD / SHERMANN
WEEK OF 06/23/14
Rex Hoggard | Golf Channel Host and Writer
- Rex talks about his prediction when Tiger will return and
his views on the game of golf
Dr. Darryll Sherman | Inventor of Stable 26
Golf Performance Sock
- the sock that helps your stability and golf swing
WEEK OF 06/02/14
Mac and Jeremy | Crown Sports Management
- Talk about how they work with their clients during what is now mid season on PGA Tour.
Bob Farren | Director of Grounds, Pinehurst
- Talks about the challenges of having the Men’s and Women’s
US Open back to back on the Famed #2.
WEEK OF 5/26/14
Dean Beaman | Former Commissioner of PGA, now Partner in Cure Putters
- Dean says you can’t miss with this new putter design
Brent Thaxton | Representative for Justin Golf
- Brent talks about Justin Golf; their cowboy boots with golf spikes; and their complete line for men's and women's golf shoes.
Kris Tschetter | Former LPGA Tour Player who wrote a book about Ben Hogan
- Kris was told not to talk to him in the private club in Texas... Through her love for practicing the game, she ended up developing a very special relationship with him. Her book, Mr. Hogan, The Man I Knew is a great read and reveals her insight into the life of one of golf’s greatest players.
WEEK OF 5/5/14
Mike Young | Golf Course Designer and Part Owner of a Clothing Line for "Fat" Golfers
– "Fa Tass" is the line of clothing and Golf Channel’s Charlie Rymer is his partner
Dave Owens | Inventor and Developer, of Heavy Hands Trainer
– Must like the weight you use in baseball to make your bat feel lighter, the Heavy Hands Trainer is much the same for golf. It will increase your swing speed.
WEEK OF 4/25/14
Vernon Brady | Owner and General Manager of Red Tail Mountain GC in Mountain City, TN
- Vernon talks about all the improvements to the golf course and the Resort.
Take advantage of their “stay and play” special for Back9Boys listeners: Four Play for Two.
Call Red Tail Mountain GC for more information.
Tom Fazio | Well-known golf course designer of some of the world’s greatest courses.
- Tom speaks frankly about the future of golf and how he designs courses.
WEEK OF 3/31/14
Jim Hyler | Former President of the USGA
- Jim will talk about the state of the game and how the USGA is suggesting to grow the game
Tom Stine |CEO of Golf Datatech
- Tom will talk about a report showing how the US and Japan
golf markets continue to grow
WEEK OF 2/17/14
Zach Johnson | PGA Tour Pro, 11-time Winner, Ranked #7 in the World
- Zach talks about “the shot” to beat Tiger, his faith and his foundation
Brad Fritsch | PGA Tour Pro from Holly Springs, NC via Canada
- Brad talks about his journey to the PGA Tour and what he does back home
when he isn’t on tour
WEEK OF 2/1/14
Paul Claxton | PGA/Web.com tour
- Paul talks about being the leading money winner,
most tournaments and most cuts made on Web.com tour.
Harris English | PGA Tour
- Harris talks about his PGA Tour wins and how much fun he and Matt Kuchar had at the Greg Norman tournament in which they shot a record score and won
WEEK OF 1/19/14
Rees Jones | Well-known Golf Course Designer around the world
- Rees talks about his designs especially many of the courses
where US Opens are played
Rosie Jones | Former LPGA and Hall of Fame Tour Player
- Rosie talks about her LPGA life during and what she is doing now which includes
a Legends Tour for some of the past LPGA players
WEEK OF 01/06/14:
Kelly Mitchum | Head Pro at Pinehurst Golf Academy
- Kelly talks about what happens at their golf academy, what he sees as most common errors and what to do about it
Jeff Wilson | Representative, Wilson Golf
- Jeff talks about the resurgence of Wilson Golf with their newest designed irons, rescues, drivers and fairway clubs
WEEK OF 12/11/13:
Randy Myers | Director of Fitness, Sea Island Learning Center
- Randy talks about stretching, working out prior to your round and he talks about why conditioning at any age is important
Brad Fritsch | PGA Tour Player from Holly Springs, NC
- Brad talks about 2013 and what is ahead for 2014; he also talks about his back injury which forced him to withdraw from a tournament when he was close to the lead
Todd Anderson | Director of Instruction, Sea Island Learning Center
- Todd is a former PGA Instructor of the year and is currently
ranked #8 in Golf Digest list of leading instructors in the U.S.
WEEK OF 12/04/13:
Dr. Mo Pickens | Sports Psychologist,
Sea Island Learning Center
- Mo talks about how he works with clients and what he wants them to think about
Joey D | Owner, Joey D Golf
- Coach Joey talks about his DVD program and the golf workout to complete your game
Mac Bernhardt | CEO,
Crown Sports Management
- Mac talks during the McGladrey Classic about Crown Sports and their clients
which include Davis Love III and Brant Snedecker
WEEK OF 11/27/13:
Brian Harman | PGA Tour Pro
Mark Spencer | Representative for Nike Golf
Davis Love | PGA Tour Pro
WEEK OF 11/20/13:
Rick Stitzer | Owner, Tee to Green Driving Range
Chuck Enloe | Taylor Made/Addias Representative
Peter Finch, Sr. | Editor, Golf Digest
WEEK OF 11/18/13:
Tommy Gainey | PGA Tour talks about 2013 and what's ahead for 2014
John Ambrose | Inventor of L2 putter that is heavy and stands up by itself for better alignment
WEEK OF 11/4/13:
Wally Armstrong | Former PGA Tour Pro, Author, Inventor
Donald Cross | International Sales Director, Golf Swing Shirt
Scott Kaus | Territory Rep, PING Golf
WEEK OF 10/28/13:
Corey Consuegra | Golf Ball Market Manager, Bridgestone Golf
- Corey talks about the ball which has moved to second most popular
and their club line
Brendan Muldoon | CEO, Elmer Golf
- Brendan talks about their custom line of irons, hybrids and putters
WEEK OF 10/21/13:
Valeria Ochoa | Former Big Break star
Greg Hopkins | President, Hopkins Golf
Brandon Baker | Interim Executive Director, The First Tee of the Triangle
WEEK OF 10/14/13:
Estaben Toledo | Former Professional Boxer, now Champions Tour Pro
- Talks about how it is being a pro and his passion for his home in Mexico
Scott Hoch | Champions Tour Pro, grew up in Raleigh, NC
- Talks about coming back to play after injuries; talks about the difference
between the PGA and Champions Tours
Brian Bazzel | Director of Product Creative, Taylor Made
- Talks about their new irons
WEEK OF 10/7/13:
Mark “Flee” Farris | Professional Caddie
- Mark talks about how he became a caddie, what a caddie does and doesn’t do
and how he got the nickname “Flee”
John Downing and Rabbit Dyer | Author of “Last of the Big Three Caddies”
- John and Rabbit talk about Rabbit's career as Gary Player”s caddie
for 20 years; he also caddied for Ben Hogan, two Presidents,
Bob Hope, and Frank Sinatra
Mike Shannon | Instructor at Sea Island Learning Center
- Mike is known as the “putting guru”: he works with Matt Kuchar and several other pros
WEEK OF 9/30/13:
Caroline Jordan | President of CJ Presents
- Talks about working with the USGA and Curtis Cup.
Terry Gannon | Former Star at North Carolina State University, Now with Golf Channel/NBC
Jadon Sobel | Senior Writer for golfchannel.com.
WEEK OF 9/23/13:
Jeff Kleiber | Tournament Director, SAS Championship at Prestonwood CC
- Jeff talks about the tournament, the Hall of Famers that are
coming and all the events to make a great week for golf in Cary, NC
Jim Hackenberg | Developer of Orange Whip and now the new Orange Wand
- Jim talks about what both of these items can do for your swing rhythm and tempo
Chi Chi Rodriquez exclusive interview!
Live at the McGladrey Classic
on Sea Island with Mark Love, Tournament Director and in the black hat, Mac Barnhardt, CEO of Crown Sports Management
Rich with Peggy Kirk Bell,
Charter Member of the LPGA
Billy Casper, Hall of Fame PGA Tour
Breanne Hall, Head Pro,
Grove Park Inn